Helpful Information for Homeowners
With prices of all services on the rise the company that stands out is the one who provides the best service. Scheduling flexibility, knowledgeable office staff, and quality service are all strong attributes of Best Septic Service, but the service we are most proud of is the level of education we provide to our customers. The following documents all contain useful information for homeowners on how best to protect the most important investment "in" their yards; their septic system. A well maintained septic system will assure proper function, a long leach field life with no unsanitary back-ups or ugly over flows in the yard.
Keep your system operating in the best tiptop shape by reading the following information, filling out the frequency worksheet for your household and applying these principals will keep your septic system happy and healthy for your yard and your family.#1 tip= do not flush any garbage into toilet- toilet paper and bodily functions ONLY!
Follow these important quick facts then read more detailed information below:
- • Do not flush trash
- This includes baby or personal wipes, cleaning wipes, dental floss, feminine products, etc.
- • Do not do laundry loads back to back
- Space 1-2 hours between loads
- • Do not remove snow off of tanks and leach fields
- Snow acts as a natural insulator
- • Mow your lawn over leach fields
- This allows the leach field to breath and prevents root penetration
- • Remove water treatment systems from septic tanks
- Salt backwash water kills good bacteria
- • Install risers over your tank covers
- Allows quick access to the tank for service all times of the year and no more digging
Pumping Frequency Worksheet
Outlet Baffle Filter or Effluent Filters
Wastewater Usage Within the Home
Septic System Additives or Cleaners
Purpose & Function of a Septic System
Questions You Should Ask On Sewage Disposal
Locating Your Septic Tank
Septic Tank Cover Risers